A coconut palm tree in Australia may have caused a fire that destroyed an 80-year-old man’s home

A wooden coconut palm is still standing in the kitchen of a man who died from smoke inhalation after a fire gutted his home in southern Queensland last year.

The man, whose name has not been released, was found by firefighters at the back of the house, and when they tried to enter the house to check on the fire they found the house was on fire.

The fire raged through the house and the family was forced to flee their home before firefighters arrived to extinguish the blaze.

Mr Stott, whose home was one of several burnt to the ground by the fire, said he did not realise he had burned down his home when he saw smoke coming from the house.

He said he had been sleeping on a sofa when he woke to the smell of smoke coming out of the kitchen.

“We thought the kitchen was gone and then when we saw the smoke coming in, we started running out to get out of there,” he said.

I just went to grab my wife and we got out of bed and went to go get some towels and then I went to put my wife on the couch.””

The kitchen was completely burnt up.

I just went to grab my wife and we got out of bed and went to go get some towels and then I went to put my wife on the couch.”

The house was totally gone.

“Mr Stotts wife, Debbie, who is in her 50s, suffered burns to almost all of her body and was left with a broken nose, neck, arm and leg.

She said she had been out to dinner and had a cigarette when she was hit by a car.

She also suffered smoke inhalations and had difficulty breathing.”

She woke up with a nose bleed,” she said.

Ms Stott said the family had been living on a small income from a caravan park.”

There were no trees in the field, so we had to get our own and we have been living off that for about two years now,” she added.”

This has been a real struggle for us, so it is hard.

“The fire burned through the back wall of the family’s home, which was destroyed by the blaze, and caused extensive damage to the family carport.

Ms Bloxham said the home had been the scene of numerous fires, including a one in which a man lost a leg to a tree branch.

She believed the fire was set deliberately, and said the fire had not been contained.”

He was a very quiet man, he didn’t have a problem, so he was probably just surprised to see that it had started,” she told 7.30.

Ms Broxham was at the centre of a local community fire in 2016, which caused about $50,000 in damage to her home and destroyed four houses.

She has not spoken to her family since the fire.

Topics:fires,health,community-and-society,social-development,fire,parramatta-2150,sunday-harbour-2130Contact Josh RisbyMore stories from South Australia